Do you know what a 10-year-old girl lived in a village a century ago?
Can you imagine at least half of these things being done by some of the children today?
- babysit with younger brothers and sisters (feed them, drink, swaddle them, entertain them – from morning to evening);
- bring firewood, clean the oven, drown it;
- bring water from the well;
- cook porridge, bake pancakes, cook vegetables, make pies and other pastries, cook kitties;
- knocking down the oil;
- set on the table, wash dishes;
- sweep the floor, wash and clean the shops and floor;
- shake and clean the half;
- spice, weave, embroidery, knit;
- wash and strip the laundry on the river, hang it;
- clean the bed (including shaking);
- change the beam, candles, clean the kerosene lamp;
- feed and drink all pets and their cubs;
- collect chicken eggs;
- milking a cow;
- plant, polish and water the garden;
- collect berries, mushrooms, herbs and dry branches in the forest;
- clean the harvest in the garden and in the field;
- Paste a cow, goat, geese, ducks;
- drive copies on a horse on a hay cake;
- drive away the fish….
And that’s not all! Some children’s responsibilities are not easy to describe because we never did or even saw.
For example, a girl of 10 years helped adults make kizaki – special fuel for stove. Or flax was flipping. Again – specially prepared threads, from which then weaved. More than half a hundred things to do! It’s not in vain that people say: ′′ My daughter is ten years old – there’s nothing to do with her mother “. It’s like in the sentence of Pavel Bazhov’s ′′ Silver Hoof ′′ – Grandfather Kokovanya took Darenka’s girl. And she ′′ cleaned up in the election, cooked porridge and cooked porridge “. But it was ′′ sixth year ′′ – that is, only five years! When grandfather and Daria went to the forest, she imposed a ′′ knot on herself. I took the doll a dress, a bundle of threads, a needle and a rope “. And I was not afraid to live alone in a hut for several days.